When it comes down to arguing between conferences, speed is always at the heart of the debate.
Many fans of SEC schools argue that the conference just plays with a different kind of speed than the rest of college football. As it turns out, they may be right, and now we have some quantitative proof courtesy of Brad Crawford and 247Sports.
Crawford gathered actually-recorded running times for players from all over the country to find out once and for all who the fastest players in the country were, which was compiled into this list. Not only does LSU’s Donte Jackson take the top of the list, but 11 of college football’s fastest players attend SEC schools.
Here are the players and where they ranked:
1. Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
3. Brandon Bryant, FS, Mississippi State
8. Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama
9. Tony Brown, CB, Alabama
11. Robert Foster, WR, Alabama
12. Tyrie Cleveland, WR, Florida
13. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
19. Kirk Merritt, WR, Texas A&M
22. Evan Berry, S, Tennessee
23. Tyler Simmons, WR, Georgia
24. Hezekiah Jones, WR, Texas A&M
You can look here for a complete look at the list, as well as what the recorded times for each player were.