ESPN experts make their picks for Arkansas-Mississippi State
ESPN’s College GameDay broadcasted live from Columbus, Ohio in advance of Ohio State-Michigan State, while SEC Nation was on hand for South Carolina’s tilt against The Citadel.
Arkansas-Mississippi State is one of the only four SEC tilts on the schedule this week, but it still offers plenty of intrigue. The Razorbacks seek a fifth consecutive win coming off their upset of LSU a week ago in Baton Rouge, La. Mississippi State, on the other hand, is looking to bounce back after a lopsided loss to Alabama.
So, what did the analysts at SEC Nation and GameDay think of the showdown? Largely, they’re all in on the Hogs.
- Desmond Howard: Arkansas
- Red-hot Arkansas with explosive plays a week ago against LSU continue to roll.”
- Kirk Herbstreit: Arkansas
- “(Bret Bielema) did the same thing in Madison. You saw it last year and again this year, and that trend continues. Brandon Allen is having a heck of a year for the Hogs.”
- Lee Corso: Arkansas
- “Arkansas, Arkansas. The Big Ten coach, right? Arkansas wins.”
- Archie Griffin (guest picker): Arkansas
- “I’m going with Arkansas, too. These guys playing in the month of November.”
- Marcus Spears: Arkansas
- “Arkansas is going ham today. Brandon Allen and this offense are playing with more confidence than anybody.”
- Tim Tebow: Mississippi State
- “I love both these guys. Brandon Allen is going off for Arkansas playing extremely well, but Dak (Prescott) and Dan Mullen turn it around today.”
- Paul Finebaum: Arkansas