While the SEC is known as a football conference, that hasn’t stopped the conference from succeeding in basketball.
Kentucky and Florida have each won championships in the past decade. Though the conference has seen a downturn in recent years, the SEC still has some challenging stadiums to play in. And ESPN insider Jeff Goodman ranked the venues from 14 to 1 in terms of how hard it is to win.
Kentucky came out on top yet again, as the Wildcat fans continue to make things difficult for opposing teams. But there were a few surprises on the list, given how successful some teams have been. For example, Georgia came in at No. 13, despite being the only non-Kentucky team to reach the semifinals of the SEC tournament in the past three seasons.
The full List:
- Kentucky-Rupp Arena
- Florida-Stephen C. O’Connell Center
- Vanderbilt-Memorial Gymnasium
- Arkansas-Bud Walton Arena
- Tennessee-Thompson-Boling Arena
- Texas A&M-Reed Arena
- South Carolina-Colonial Life Arena
- LSU-Pete Maravich Assembly Center
- Ole Miss-The Pavilion
- Auburn-Auburn Arena
- Alabama-Coleman Coliseum
- Missouri-Mizzou Arena
- Georgia- Stegeman Coliseum
- Mississippi State-Humphrey Coliseum