The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL draft was on Jan. 16, and we now know what talent will be returning to the SEC in 2017.
Who will be the top player returning to the conference?
According to ESPN, which released its list of the top 25 returning players on Friday, LSU defensive end Arden Key is the top returning player in 2017. In fact, the Tigers will bring back the SEC’s top two players, according to ESPN, with the other being running back Derrius Guice.
Key collected 56 total tackles in 2016 to go along with 14.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. Guice finished as the SEC’s second-best rusher, averaging 115.58 yards per game. On the season, the rising junior accumulated 1,387 yards and 15 touchdowns.
Check out the rest of the top 25 list below:
- No. 25: Ronnie Harrison, DB, Alabama
- No. 24: Marquis Haynes, DL, Ole Miss
- No. 23: Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
- No. 22: Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina
- No. 21: Armani Watts, DB, Texas A&M
- No. 20: Shaun Dion Hamilton, LB, Alabama
- No. 19: Jordan Jones, LB, Kentucky
- No. 18: Ralph Webb, RB, Vanderbilt
- No. 17: Austin Allen, QB, Arkansas
- No. 16: Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama
- No. 15: Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama
- No. 14: Trenton Thompson, DL, Georgia
- No. 13: Da’Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
- No. 12: Nick Fitzgerald, QB, Mississippi State
- No. 11: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
- No. 10: Rawleigh Williams, RB, Arkansas
- No. 9: Braden Smith, OL, Auburn
- No. 8: Frank Ragnow, OL, Arkansas
- No. 7: Kamryn Pettway, RB, Auburn
- No. 6: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
- No. 5: Jalen Hurts, QB, Alabama
- No.4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
- No. 3: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M