Everybody enjoys hearing what Kirk Herbstreit has to say on ESPN’s College GameDay. With the first show going live from Green Bay this morning, he touched on many SEC-related topics.
Here are some of the highlights:
- He picked Auburn to compete against Clemson, but he envisions the SEC’s Tigers falling short in an upset bid.
- He didn’t have much good to share for Georgia today. First, he seemed flummoxed why Jacob Eason wasn’t starting, before he picked North Carolina to pull the upset at the Georgia Dome.
- He said USC’s wide receivers are to be respected, but Nick Saban’s game plan against quarterback Max Browne could confuse the signal-caller.
- He made an interesting point wondering if Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, formerly at Wisconsin, would share any intel about LSU with the current Badgers coaching staff. Bielema has enjoyed success against the Tigers since arriving in Fayetteville.
- Here are his picks for SEC-related games: North Carolina over Georgia, Clemson over Auburn, UCLA over Texas A&M, West Virginia over Missouri and LSU over Wisconsin.
- He seemed apologetic about favoring LSU in front of the partisan Wisconsin crowd at Lambeau Field. He said he has enjoyed his time at the venerable site, but it was obvious shortly after he began speaking that he was going with the Tigers.
Brandon Harris would be the X-factor, picked LSU