Jeb Bush makes SEC picks, pokes fun at Steve Spurrier
With the next presidential election roughly 13 months away, you can count on several candidates thrusting themselves into pop culture.
They will make Saturday Night Live cameos, fill up magazine covers and — when they get the urge — spout off SEC football predictions.
Jeb Bush tried his hand at the latter Friday morning.
Here were his picks:
- Favorite SEC mascot? Florida Gators (“C’mon. How many Gator mascots are there other than that?”)
- Biggest SEC rivalry? “It used to be Florida-Georgia. This year, it might not be.”
- Loudest SEC stadium? The Swamp
- Les Miles’ hat or Steve Spurrier’s visor? “I like the hat. I don’t like that visor. I like when he throws it on the ground in disgust.”
- Better nickname: “The Bear” or “The Head Ball Coach”? “The Bear” (“Talking about Bear Bryant? Oh, yeah.”)
- SEC Championship Game pick: Florida vs. LSU
This is a football-filled weekend for Bush. He’ll be heading to Knoxville for the Tennessee-Georgia game on Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET, CBS).
Before I head to Rocky Top, I’m setting the record straight on some of my SEC favorites. https://t.co/guLA4uQd9k
— Jeb Bush (@JebBush) October 9, 2015