Our pals Matt Norlander and Gary Parrish over at CBS Sports have released their preseason Top 100 (and one) college basketball players, and the SEC is solidly represented: five of the top 50, 12 of the top 100.
As you might expect, league favorite and national title contender Kentucky leads the way with four players on the list – freshmen Bam Adebayo, Malik Monk and De’Aaron Fox all in the top 15, plus sophomore Isaiah Briscoe further down. Arkansas (two), Georgia (two), Texas A&M, Florida, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State all have players on the list.
Kentucky fans will note that Duke, perhaps the Wildcats’ primary competition for the NCAA championship, has five players on the list: No. 1 Grayson Allen (SF), No. 5 Jayson Tatum (SF), No. 7 Harry Giles (PF), No. 76 Luke Kennard (SG) and No. 92 Marques Bolden (C). Kansas, which comes to Rupp Arena this season, has No. 4 Josh Jackson (SF), No. 24 Devonte’ Graham (SG) and No. 36 Frank Mason III (PG).
SEC PLAYERS IN CBS SPORTS TOP 100
6. Bam Adebayo, PF, Fr., Kentucky
11. Malik Monk, SG, Fr., Kentucky
15. De’Aaron Fox, PG, Fr., Kentucky
18. Moses Kingsley, PF, Sr., Arkansas
50. Tyler Davis, C, So., Texas A&M
73. KeVaughn Allen, SG, So., Florida
78. J.J. Frazier, PG, Sr., Georgia
84. Quinndary Weatherspoon, SG, So., Mississippi State
88. Isaiah Briscoe, G, So., Kentucky
90. Yante Maten, PF, Jr., Georgia
91. Luke Kornet, C, Sr., Vanderbilt
94. Dusty Hannahs, SG, Sr., Arkansas