Mel Kiper Jr.’s mock draft 2.0: 4 SEC players in top 6 picks, 14 first rounders
ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. is not backing down– he believes the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft will be a special evening for the SEC.
Some noteable changes for the SEC from Mock Draft 1.0 to Mock Draft 2.0 from the ESPN guru:
- Kiper kept Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen and Jamal Adams in the same spots in the top 4.
- LSU CB Tre’Davious White surged up Kiper’s draft board, moving all the way to No. 12 after being left out of the first round in mock draft 1.0.
- Kiper dropped Alabama OT Cam Robinson from No. 7 to San Diego all the way to No. 25 to Houston.
- In spite of shoulder surgery, Kiper has Alabama LB Reuben Foster moving up the draft board two spots.
- Kiper dropped Alabama LB Tim Williams out of the first round after initially having him at No. 21 in mock draft 1.0.
- Kiper jumped Alabama TE O.J. Howard from pick No. 32 all the way up to No. 18.
Here’s a look at the complete list of SEC players projected for the first round, including the teams that are projected to select them:
1. Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
3. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jamal Adams, S, LSU
6. New York Jets: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
12. Cleveland Browns: Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU
13. Arizona Cardinals: Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
18. Tennessee Titans: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
21. Detroit Lions: Marlon Humphrey, DB, Alabama
23. New York Giants: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
24. Oakland Raiders: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
25. Houston Texans: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
28. Dallas Cowboys: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
31. Atlanta Falcons: Charles Harris, DE, Mizzou