One of the nation’s top defensive ends has a new top five list.
Aubrey Solomon, a 2017 4-star defensive tackle from Lee County High School (Leesburg, Ga.), told SEC Country that he has a top five of Ohio State, Florida State, Florida, Ole Miss and Georgia, and that’s in order. Tennessee was on his recent list, but it dropped out of the top five.
The 6-foot-3, 305-pounder told us why each school was standing out.
1) Ohio State — “They just came at me the right way. My mom and I think their academics are pretty amazing. I just feel like I can call that place home.”
Solomon also said that the Buckeyes have recruited him the hardest of the five schools.
2) Florida State — A big reason why is family (his sister attends Florida State). They also “breed d-linemen.”
3) Florida — “I like their defense a lot. They really get after the ball. I like that a lot.”
4) Ole Miss — “I don’t know much about them. I need to do more research.”
Ole Miss once a co-leader with Georgia, but it dropped because Solomon has not had a chance to look into the school more.
5) Georgia went from first to fifth on his list after the school decided to part ways with Mark Richt.
“That just really threw me off,” Solomon said.
He still has one connection to the old staff, and that’s defensive line coach Tracy Rocker. The Bulldogs assistant wants him to visit soon.
“He wants me to come in January to see how the new staff is,” Solomon said. “He doesn’t want me to rule them out yet.”
He doesn’t know if he’ll make it to Georgia next month, but he knows for certain that he will make visits to Ohio State, Florida State and Miami at the end of January.
Solomon is rated as the nation’s No. 7 defensive tackle in the class of 2017 and the state of Georgia’s No. 15 prospect.