PLANTATION, Fla. — Patrick Surtain Jr. is back in action this spring after missing six weeks with a torn hamstring.
When the 5-star cornerback returned to the field earlier this month, he hadn’t played since the state championship game when American Heritage won its third title in four years.
“It’s great to be back on the field doing the thing I love,” Surtain said. “It feels great getting the opportunity to play again.”
The 6-foot-2, 181-pound Surtain is ranked the nation’s No. 1 cornerback and No. 4 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. He holds more than 30 offers and has a handful of SEC programs in the mix.
In the video interview below, Surtain discusses the following:
- How Alabama has impressed him with its championship success.
- His thoughts on Florida and how it sends defensive backs to the NFL.
- What he thinks of second-year Georgia coach Kirby Smart and his staff.
- The changes Ed Orgeron has made at LSU thus far, particularly on offense.
- How often he communicates with the coaches at Tennessee.
WATCH: Interview with 5-star CB Patrick Surtain Jr.
Posted by SEC Country on Tuesday, May 16, 2017