With SEC Media Days set to begin, coaches, players and fans have descended on Hoover, Ala., for what former South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier calls “talking season.”
Coaches will try to build and temper expectations. They’ll dodge certain questions. Les Miles and Bret Bielema will try and make us laugh. Someone will say something controversial.
With all that on the table, we here at SEC Country have come up with way to keep track of some of the topics that come during the week.
So without further ado, here is SEC Media Days bingo. We’ve got 40 topics that may or may not get brought. Here is the official SEC Country bingo card.
As for some suggestions on what to put on your card, here’s a list of 40 topics and storylines that may come up this week.
- Les Miles brings up his family’s summer vacation.
- Will Muschamp mentions at least 35 players on his roster.
- Will Muschamp answers a question about Steve Spurrier.
- Bret Bielema makes a joke about Tennessee.
- Butch Jones mentions his marketing catchphrase “brick by brick.”
- Someone asks Josh Dobbs about being an astronaut.
- Someone asks Nick Saban his “process.”
- Dan Mullen spends more than 3 minutes talking about Jeffrey Simmons.
- Kirby Smart spends more than 1 minute talking about Jacob Eason.
- Gus Malzahn shows up in a pair of Curry 2’s(The dad sneakers).
- Leonard Fournette is asked about the Heisman.
- Nick Saban brings up how the media can never pick the SEC winner.
- Someone asks Chad Kelly about his rap song, Swag Kelly.
- Hugh Freeze spending 4 minutes talking about Laremy Tunsil.
- Someone asks Jim McElwain about past Florida quarterbacks.
- Someone asks a “talk about” question.
- 10 media members complain on Twitter about other media members’ questions.
- Mark Stoops talks about Kentucky basketball.
- Someone asks Derek Mason if Ralph Webb is underrated.
- Barry Odom provides a health update on Gary Pinkel.
- Kirby Smart gets asked about what he learned from Nick Saban.
- A coach gets mad when player discipline is brought up.
- Kevin Sumlin gets a question about a quarterback who doesn’t play for him anymore.
- Greg Sankey brings up that he doesn’t answer hypothetical questions.
- SATELLITE CAMPS.
- Kirby Smart gets asked about player arrests/discipline.
- Derek Mason gets asked about Jim Harbaugh.
- SEC players are asked about political activism.
- Jalen Tabor’s periscope press conference is brought up.
- Kirby Smart is asked about his friendship with Will Muschamp.
- Barry Odom brings up Missouri’s 2013 and 2014 SEC East titles.
- Mississippi State gets picked to finish last in the SEC West.
- Les Miles and Kevin Sumlin get asked about the John Chavis lawsuit.
- Trevor Knight gets asked about Katy Perry.
- The 9-game SEC schedule no one wants.
- Butch Jones gets asked how he’ll deal with the pressure of of being the favorite
- Kentucky linebacker Courtney Love gets asked about Kurt Cobain.
- Steve Spurrier shows up.
- Alabama fans waiting for Saban in the lobby.
- At least 4 coaches get asked about the hot seat.