As painful as it was to watch the first 55 minutes of Vanderbilt-South Carolina on Thursday, the teams provided us with some late drama (a missed Vandy field goal and a 55-yard, game-winning rebuttal at the other end). Three hours east in Knoxville, the Volunteers prevailed in overtime against Appalachian State.
That dramatic two-game appetizer set us up for an excellent football Saturday, and the SEC’s matchups are sure to draw plenty of eyeballs.
Here’s the Week 1 TV schedule (all times ET):
- Noon: South Alabama at Mississippi State (SEC Network)
- Noon: Missouri at West Virginia (FS1)
- 3:30 p.m.: No. 5 LSU vs. Wisconsin (ABC)
- 3:30 p.m.: No. 16 UCLA at Texas A&M (CBS)
- 4 p.m.: Louisiana Tech at Arkansas (SEC Network)
- 5:30 p.m.: No. 22 North Carolina at No. 18 Georgia (ESPN)
- 7:30 p.m.: UMass at No. 25 Florida (SEC Network)
- 7:30 p.m.: Southern Miss. at Kentucky (ESPN U)
- 8 p.m.: No. 20 USC vs. No. 1 Alabama (ABC)
- 9 p.m.: No. 2 Clemson at Auburn (ESPN)
- (Monday) 8 p.m.: No. 11 Ole Miss vs. No. 4 Florida State (ESPN)
There are a few intriguing games outside the conference, too. Here are the best:
- Noon: No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 15 Houston (ABC)
- 10:30 p.m.: BYU vs. Arizona (FS1)
- (Sunday) 7:30 p.m.: No. 10 Notre Dame at Texas (ABC)
Need help making your Week 1 predictions or bets? The first edition of SEC Country’s Gridiron Gambling Guide has you covered.