Quarterback transfers are becoming more and more of a trend in college football these days. And that is evident in the SEC.
Last year, Greyson Lambert transferred from Virginia to Georgia and led the Bulldogs to 10 wins. Jacob Coker was a Florida State transfer who led Alabama to a national championship.
This year’s crop of SEC quarterbacks figures to include some big-name transfers as well. Athlon Sports ranked the top 30 impact quarterback transfers eligible for this year, and 11 of them had SEC connections.
The quarterbacks with SEC ties had the following rankings:
- No. 29: Anthony Jennings (LSU)/Connor Mitch(South Carolina)
- No. 27: Eddie Printz (transferred from Missouri to Texas State)
- No. 25: Austin Appleby (transferred from Purdue to Florida)
- No. 24: Danny Etling (transferred from Purdue to LSU)
- No. 22: Faton Bauta (transferred from Georgia to Colorado State)
- No. 20: Ricky Town (transferred from Southern Cal to Arkansas)
- No. 10 Alec Morris (transferred from Alabama to North Texas)
- No. 8 Patrick Towles (transferred from Kentucky to Boston College)
- No. 5 Luke Del Rio (transferred from Oregon State to Florida)
- No. 3 Trevor Knight (transferred from Oklahoma to Texas A&M)
- No. 2 Kenny Hill (transferred from Texas A&M to TCU)
Knight and Del Rio are both expected to start for their respective teams. Meanwhile, Lambert is still competing for the Georgia starting job.