UGA was thought to have the edge for a 5-star cornerback, but as it turns out, the Bulldogs trail an ACC school for his services.
William Poole, a 5-star 2017 prospect, according to Rivals.com’s rankings, from Hapeville Charter (Atlanta), told SEC Country that Florida State would be the school he chose if today was his National Signing Day.
“When I went down there for the Florida State-Miami game, I was just intrigued with everything that was going on — the environment, the coaching staff, (FSU defensive backs coach Charles) Kelly — he’s a great guy — but like I said, the environment there was just amazing,” Poole said. “I can see myself under those lights playing in that stadium.”
Poole is rated Georgia’s No. 3 prospect in next year’s recruiting class, according to Rivals.
In the video above, Poole answered the following questions:
1) Which SEC school does he consider “DBU” or “Defensive Back University”?
2) Why doesn’t UGA hold the advantage over FSU and where do things stand right now with the Bulldogs?
3) Poole said he is a package deal with a 4-star cornerback. Which player is he talking about?
4) What do the other schools that he listed need to do to leapfrog Florida State for his top school?
5) He was expected to release a top five soon, but isn’t anymore. What happened?
6) He recently visited an SEC school. How did that trip go for him?