Football is back, which means it’s officially tailgating season.
In the first of a five-part series brought to you by Texas Pete’s “The Flavor of Football,” we bring to you a delicious recipe.
Don’t go hungry on Game Day and check out this CHA! white chili recipe using CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha sauce.
CHA! WHITE CHILI
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or marjoram
- 2 Tbsp. CHA! by Texas Pete® Sriracha Sauce
- ½ lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 (28 oz.) can white beans
- 1 C chicken stock
- ½ C shredded jack cheese for garnish
- ¼ C chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the chilies, spices and CHA! by Texas Pete®; cook for a minute to blend flavors.
- Stir in the chicken and beans, add chicken stock and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and cilantro.