The SEC announced its 2016 All-Freshman team on Thursday, which featured 26 first-year players.
USA Today released their freshman All-America team on Sunday, and four SEC players were included on the list: Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts, Georgia tight end Isaac Nauta, Texas A&M offensive lineman Eric McCoy and Alabama offensive lineman Jonah Williams.
Hurts is having a sensational freshman year while helping Alabama to a 13-0 mark. He also earned SEC All-Freshman honors while passing for 2,592 yards, 22 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. He has also added 841 yards and 12 touchdowns on the ground.
Nauta came to Georgia ranked as the nation’s No. 1 tight end prospect, and showed great potential as the year went on. He ended the 2016 season with 353 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns.
Both Williams and McCoy were also named to the SEC All-Freshman team. The other three offensive linemen to earn SEC honors were Ole Miss’ Greg Little, Florida’s Jawaan Taylor and Kentucky’s Logan Stenberg.
You can view the entire USA Today freshman All-American team below:
More SEC awards:
- SEC announces 2016 awards: Players, coach of the year revealed
- SEC coaches announce All-SEC teams
- AP announces All-SEC teams
- QB Jalen Hurts, Alabama
- RB Mike Weber, Ohio State
- RB Justice Hill, Oklahoma State
- WR Demetris Robertson, California
- WR Ahmmon Richards, Miami (Fla.)
- TE Isaac Nauta, Georgia
- OL Jonah Williams, Alabama
- OL Ethan Reed, Louisiana Tech
- OL Erik McCoy, Texas A&M
- OL Tim Lynott, Colorado
- OL Ryan Bates, Penn State
- DL Brian Burns, Florida State
- DL Ed Oliver, Houston
- DL Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
- DL Joe Dillon, Louisiana-Lafayette
- LB Troy Dye, Oregon
- LB Joe Giles-Harris, Duke
- LB Logan Wilson, Wyoming
- CB Clifton Duck, Appalachian State
- CB Xavier Crawford, Oregon State
- S Jessie Bates, Wake Forest
- S Taylor Rapp, Washington
- K Louie Zervos, Ohio
- P Tom Sheldon, North Carolina
- RET Tony Pollard, Memphis