It’s that time of year again: The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party is just a day away.
On paper, it looks like Florida is the sure pick to win this year’s matchup. The Gators enter the game at 6-1 with its only loss coming against LSU in a thrilling contest. The Bulldogs, however, suffered back-to-back losses to Alabama and Tennessee before barely squeaking out a win over Missouri. To make matters worse, UGA is reportedly going with its third-string quarterback on Saturday.
This game reeks of a Florida victory, but as many of you know, it’s nearly impossible to predict a rivalry game. Well, a handful of national media members tried their hands at just that this week. Let’s take a look at their predictions:
UGA (5-2, 3-2 SEC) vs. Florida (6-1, 4-1)
- Pat Forde, Yahoo: Florida
- Dennis Dodd, CBS: Florida
- Jerry Palm, CBS: UGA
- Stew Mandel, FOX: Florida
- Bruce Feldman, FOX: UGA
- Joel Klatt, FOX: UGA
- Edward Aschoff, ESPN: Florida
- Sam Khan Jr., ESPN: Florida
- David Ching, ESPN: Florida
- Brian Pederson, Bleacher Report: Florida