LSU-Alabama is the most important item on this week’s agenda, and our “SEC Quotes of the Week” feature reflects that. While Tigers coach Les Miles is known for his wacky outbursts, Tide coach Nick Saban also threw his hat into the ring this time around.
Here’s the best of this week’s pregame chatter:
- LSU coach Les Miles: “I have enjoyed the grass at Baton Rouge much more.”
The context: Miles is known for chomping on stadium grass, and he was asked to compare the turf at Tiger Stadium vs. Bryant-Denny Stadium, where his team will be playing Alabama on Saturday night.
- LSU running back Leonard Fournette: “I would have to make a business decision every time (I’d) go against him.”
The context: Fournette was discussing Alabama running back Derrick Henry, and decided that he would not enjoy tackling him. Henry said likewise about Fournette this week.
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin: “We don’t talk to Kyler in terms of anything about Johnny.”
The context: Freshman quarterback Kyler Murray is bound to be compared to former Aggies star Johnny Manziel, but Sumlin doesn’t think that’s fair to Murray.
- Tennessee coach Butch Jones: “You’re talking about a young man that basically did everything that we asked but wrapped.”
The context: Vols safety Emmanuel Moseley was thrown out of Tennessee’s game against Kentucky after being called for targeting. Replays showed Moseley getting more shoulder than helmet on his hit.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban: “You can pray. You can go to church every day. You can do whatever you want. But at the end of the day … if it’s gonna rain, it’s gonna rain.”
The context: Saturday night’s weather forecast in Tuscaloosa is not looking good. But Saban doesn’t seem too worried.