The big day is done, South Carolina fans. After a long, emotional day full of commitments, signatures and photo opps, South Carolina officially has its 2016 recruiting class finalized. Will Muschamp has a plethora of potential in this class, one that received a No. 26 national ranking.
Here are 10 things to know:
- The day started with an early morning commitment from running back Rico Dowdle, a commit Muschamp is excited about.
- Three-star wide receiver Korey Banks was next up, signing his letter of intent around 8 a.m.
- A former Maryland commit hopped on board.
- Then, South Carolina picked up one of its biggest recruits of the day — one Muschamp is super pumped to have.
- Three days after he de-committed from another SEC program, Kiel Pollard pledged with the Gamecocks.
- A former South Carolina commit chose a different SEC program.
- And a former UGA commit chose South Carolina.
- At 3 p.m., Muschamp addressed the media.
- He cleared up any confusion regarding a two-sport athlete.
- And finally, he gave you, the fans, a reason to be excited for what’s to come.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- Two of Muschamp’s commits are from Asheville, N.C. Even though it wasn’t always the clearest path, they’re both excited to head South, the Asheville Citizen-Times’ Andrew Pearson wrote.
- One of the most anticipated decisions of the day was defensive tackle’s Karamo Dioubate, partly because he waited so deep into Wednesday evening to make his decision. See what school he chose instead of South Carolina, from SB Nation’s Sydney Hunte.
- Will Muschamp with the photobomb, via ESPN.