3 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Friday, South Carolina fans. We’re only 24 hours away from game day and the first game of the Shawn Elliott era in Columbia, S.C. Thursday was quiet, but there was some buzz around the Gamecocks.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina will rock pink accessories for the Vanderbilt game. The game will be called the “Power in Pink” game to raise awareness for breast cancer.
- A Louisiana high school offered Steve Spurrier offensive coordinator job. Hey, Spurrier did say he wanted to remain a part of a team.
- Shawn Elliott took part in his first radio show as the head coach of the Gamecocks on Thursday. His first call came from none other than the Head Ball Coach.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- How attractive is the South Carolina head coach’s job? GridIronNow.com’s Jimmy Hyams answered the question. Spoiler alert: about eighth overall in the SEC.
- ESPN’s Edward Aschoff wrote that South Carolina faces an uphill climb with its next coach. He suggests the position is not as easy a sell as we think.