2 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Sunday, South Carolina fans. The Gamecocks put forth a valiant effort against Texas A&M, but came up just short in a 35-28 loss.
Here are two things to know:
- Shawn Elliott post-game press conference: “Gamecocks didn’t back down, just didn’t play well enough.” South Carolina’s interim coach credited the defense for making strides, but said the offense needed to make some more plays.
- Brandon Wilds on Perry Orth: “We believe in Perry.” Quarterback Perry Orth threw two interceptions, one that was returned for a touchdown and another to seal the South Carolina loss.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Dallas Morning News’ Brandon Wheeland provided five thoughts on Texas A&M’s win over South Carolina. Among them was that Orth wasn’t asked to do much, but his mistakes were crucial to the outcome.
- ESPN’s Sam Khan Jr. writes what the loss meant for South Carolina. Although the Gamecocks came up short against the Aggies, the team was more competitive than expected.
- AL.com’s Cheryl Wray listed three things she learned from the South Carolina-Texas A&M game. Among them is that the Gamecocks are playing with heart.