MOBILE, Ala. — If there’s one receiver on the South team that’s making the most of his Day 3 practice, it’s former South Carolina tight end Jerrell Adams.
Thursday’s Senior Bowl session is the final practice in pads before a scaled-down workout Friday and the game on Saturday. Showing progress on Thursday and ending on a high note is a big deal for guys attempting to make a name for themselves.
Adams has done just that.
Barely midway through the practice, Adams made two great catches in 11-on-11 drills — one on a 20-yard slant pattern and the other a catch in the flat which Adams took for approximately 12 yards through some traffic — and also made multiple defenders look bad in one-on-one drills.
— Stephen Nelson (@Stephen__Nelson) January 28, 2016
Adams got to the Senior Bowl with fourth- and fifth-round draft projections, but a solid Thursday in the receiving game plus a good feel blocking up front could help him climb draft boards quickly.
Really like South Carolina TE Jerrell Adams. Maybe the best inline blocking TE in the draft and subtle route running to get open up the seam
— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) January 28, 2016
More from the 2016 Senior Bowl:
- 4 SEC players with the most to lose at Senior Bowl
- 4 SEC players with the most to prove at Senior Bowl
- Alabama LB Reggie Ragland on RB Kenyan Drake: ‘He made me look funny out there’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Reggie Ragland on his move to OLB
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Reggie Ragland confident he ‘can play it all’ in NFL
- Alabama coaches forced Kenyan Drake to dress up, fool Auburn in Iron Bowl
- Missouri teammates on Maty Mauk video: ‘He’s got some things to fix that are bigger than football’
- LSU DB Jalen Mills: QB’s avoided throwing my way ‘most of the time’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama RB Kenyan Drake shows explosiveness, also shows glaring weakness in first practice
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama LB Reggie Ragland blows by competition in first practice
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Alabama CB Cyrus Jones welcomes playing ‘press’ coverage at the NFL level
- UGA WR Malcolm Mitchell done with ‘What if’ on to watch what ‘I can do’ next
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Arkansas RB Jonathan Williams lost his senior season, gained ‘intelligence’
- Alabama QB Jake Coker enjoying Senior Bowl in hometown: ‘Sometimes I wonder why people want my autograph’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott starts over, shies away from Tim Tebow comparisons
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Missouri LB Kentrell Brothers using Super Bowl star as NFL model
- Jarran Reed on Alabama’s 2016 defense: ‘I really don’t think they’re going to miss a beat’
- 2016 Senior Bowl: LSU’s Deion Jones wants another shot at Alabama — kind of like Coach Les Miles
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Florida’s Morrison says SEC speed has no peer among other conferences
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Pair of injured SEC players to miss rest of week
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Kenyan Drake already showing vast improvement on Day 2
- 2016 Senior Bowl: Arkansas QB Brandon Allen explains why he has advantage over competition
- Kenyan Drake says he will “embarrass” would-be tacklers who don’t give their all