3 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, South Carolina fans. After a rare weekend that did not include a football game, coach Shawn Elliott and his team began preparations for a Halloween showdown against Texas A&M.
Here are three things to know:
- Perry Orth remains South Carolina’s starting quarterback. Despite Connor Mitch and Lorenzo Nunez back in the fold, Elliott said the team believes in Orth.
- Shawn Elliott: Texas A&M can be “one of the best teams in the country.” The Gamecocks’ interim coach praised the Aggies’ skill players and their defensive front.
- Jadeveon Clowney records first NFL sack. The former Gamecocks defensive standout and No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft took down Ryan Tannehill Sunday.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The State’s David Cloninger writes Ray Tanner must hit home run with Gamecocks’ football hire. South Carolina’s athletic director is faced with his most difficult task to date.
- The Sun Journal’s Jordan Honeycutt writes Pharoh Cooper is centered on winning. After Steve Spurrier unexpectedly resigned earlier month, the wide receiver said the team is focused on sustaining its energy.