Happy Tuesday, South Carolina fans. The Gamecocks dropped their second game in as many weeks, and now must prepare for Florida, which clinched the SEC East this past weekend.
Here are three things to know:
- Shawn Elliott updated the statuses of two injured South Carolina players. Wide receiver D.J. Neal hurt his hip against Tennessee, but will be OK. Cornerback Al Harris Jr. sustained a dislocated shoulder and is doubtful to play Saturday against Florida.
- Steve Spurrier won’t attend any South Carolina games this season. That could set the stage for an awkward moment for the university if plans are made to honor Spurrier.
- The South Carolina-Citadel game time was announced. The Gamecocks own a 40-7-3 advantage in the all-time series against their in-state rivals.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press writes Florida could be without three key defenders against South Carolina Saturday. Gators defensive linemen Jon Bullard, Jordan Sherit and Thomas Holley could all miss the game.
- 247Sports’ JC Shurbutt writes that Shawn Elliott has improved the Gamecocks. Statistically speaking, South Carolina has made strides in terms of total offense, rushing offense and passing offense under Elliott.