Happy Thursday, South Carolina fans.
The coaching carousel continues to spin, but when it comes to the Gamecocks, we are still waiting to see what will happen.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina coaching candidate Will Muschamp reached out to Clemson offensive coordinator Jeff Scott. Muschamp, who’s reportedly getting consideration for the South Carolina job, may be already putting together his coaching staff. Scott has led the Tigers to the 14th-ranked scoring offense in the nation.
- South Carolina is reportedly interested in Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley for their vacant head coaching position. The Sooners ranked third in scoring offense and seven in total offense nationally.
- South Carolina coaching candidate Larry Fedora is reportedly negotiating a contract extension to stay at North Carolina. Fedora is in his fourth year of a seven-year contract, but could be in line for a raise to remain at UNC.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- USA TODAY Sports’ Dan Wolken reported that South Carolina continues to pursue Kirby Smart as he nears a deal with UGA. Smart was reportedly the frontrunner for the Gamecocks’ job.
- 247Sports’ JC Shurburtt makes the case for Shane Beamer to be the next South Carolina coach. Beamer, the son of former Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer, is a former Gamecocks assistant and the current associate head coach and running backs coach for the Hokies.