3 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, South Carolina fans.
It was yet another busy day in South Carolina as the coaching staff continued to be assembled and recruits continued to pledge to the Gamecocks.
Here are three things to know:
- Former South Carolina lineman Cedric Williams joined Will Muschamp’s staff. Williams spent three years on Steve Spurrier’s staff and will be the assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Gamecocks going forward.
- Former South Carolina star running back Marcus Lattimore also agreed to join Muschamp’s coaching staff. Lattimore will help players with off-the-field objectives, such as academics, after he graduates in May 2016.
- The nation’s No. 2 junior college cornerback Jamarcus King signed with South Carolina. King was previously committed to Auburn, and chose the Gamecocks over Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- USA TODAY Sports’ Steve Berkowitz and Christopher A. Schnaars reported that South Carolina’s three wins were the costliest in the country. The Gamecocks only won three games, but each cost the university nearly $2.7 million.
- The Greenville News’ Willie T. Smith III writes Muschamp is getting early recruiting results. Less than a month into his tenure at South Carolina, Muschamp had secured major commitments from the likes of in-state receiver Bryan Edwards, North Carolina running back C.J. Freeman and Tennessee tackle Sadarius Hutcherson, as well as King.