Happy Monday, South Carolina fans.
After an eventful holiday week, it was back to business for the Gamecocks as Will Muschamp and Co. remained busy on the recruiting trail.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin congratulated Muschamp on a Christmas commitment. Muschamp, who used to coach Florida, plucked a 3-star defensive end out of Martin’s hometown of Miami.
- South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner said Steve Spurrier has an offer to be an athletic ambassador. Spurrier said he would think about it as he tries to figure out his life after football.
- An Auburn commit views South Carolina differently under Muschamp. The former Auburn defensive coordinator has Carlito Gonzalez giving the Gamecocks new consideration.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Big Spur’s J.C. Shurbutt wrote South Florida could be a gold mine for South Carolina. The Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach County areas were recruiting hotbeds under Spurrier. With Travaris Robinson and Bryan McClendon, they could be again.
- The State wrote junior college running back Treyvon Paulk set the date for his official visit to South Carolina. Paulk, who signed with Tennessee in 2014, should be in Columbia, S.C. in late January.