Happy Thursday, South Carolina fans.
It has been a quiet week in Columbia, S.C., but things got a bit more interesting on the recruiting trail Wednesday.
Here are three things to know:
- Will Muschamp will be the most successful SEC coach off the Nick Saban coaching tree. That becomes all-the-more believable if you believe in second chances. Muschamp had a 28-21 record in his first head coaching gig at Florida, but like Saban after his time in the NFL is gearing up for a second opportunity.
- South Carolina defensive back Chris Moody is set to transfer. The defensive back played in all 12 games in 2015, registering four total tackles, including a half-tackle for loss, and one pass breakup.
- Auburn commit Marlon Character scheduled January visits, including a stop in South Carolina. The three-star safety from Atlanta was previously committed to the Gamecocks, but flipped to the Tigers on Nov. 2.
- The Gamecocks picked up a big recruiting win over Kentucky with this late-night commitment.
- South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin and players spoke their minds after the first loss of the season
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- ESPN.com’s Greg Ostendorf examined the 2016 offensive line situation at each SEC school, including the Gamecocks. South Carolina is set to start three starters, including Brandon Shell, and may have to depend on freshmen to fill major voids.
- The Greenville News’ Willie T. Smith III wrote that Shawn Elliott is happy to coach at South Carolina. Elliott was the lone carryover from Steve Spurrier’s previous regime, and the Gamecocks’ interim coach said things have moved “fast” under Muschamp.