The weekend is almost here but there is plenty of South Carolina news to keep you occupied the rest of the week, including some interesting recruiting news.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina landed a commitment from an athletic tight end who could also play basketball when he gets to Columbia, S.C. He planned on playing both sports when he originally committed to Miami.
- One of South Carolina’s prized 2016 recruits could choose to focus on baseball during the Spring instead of football, according to a report. Dual-threat quarterback Brandon McIlwain may pick baseball if he earns a starting spot on the diamond.
- Former South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia was drafted in the inaugural Major League Football draft. The MLFB will make its debut during the spring.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- Former South Carolina running back Brandon Wilds will participate in the NFL Combine, according to a report from The State’s Ben Breiner.
The best stories around the SEC
- Need your fix for the 2016 football season? Here are six recruits who could make an instant impact at their schools.
- If you’re looking for real estate in Tuscaloosa, Ala., there’s a new house on the market. It belonged to former Alabama defensive coordinator and newly hired UGA head coach Kirby Smart.
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze paid a visit to the top junior college recruit in the country a day after another SEC foe visited him.
- Former Alabama running back Kenyan Drake continues to show improvement during Senior Bowl practices.