Spring practice is well underway and there was plenty of news out of Columbia, S.C., on Tuesday. Let’s break it all down.
Here are three things to know:
- Coach Will Muschamp provided an update on injured quarterback Lorenzo Nunez, who hyperextended his right knee in Saturday’s practice. Find out how serious the injury is.
- The accolades continue to roll in for former South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier. Read about the latest award he will receive.
- A former Florida Gator who played under Muschamp in Gainesville, Fla., didn’t exactly give his old coach a ringing endorsement.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- Quarterback reps were among The State’s observations from Tuesday’s spring practice.
- The State’s Ben Breiner wrote about senior defensive end Marquavius Lewis, who is taking advantage of his starting experience during his first season with the Gamecocks.
The best stories around the SEC
- Could Alabama’s Derrick Henry be the first running back taken in the NFL draft? We answer that and more during a game of buy or sell.
- The NFL officially banned chop blocks this week. Should the SEC follow suit?
- Alabama basketball player Retin Obasohan responded to presidential candidate Donald Trump’s thoughts on the terrorism attacks in Belgium.