Happy Monday, South Carolina fans. The Gamecocks’ season is now in the rearview mirror, and the offseason and coaching search is officially under way.
Here are three things to know:
- A pair of reported SEC coaching targets are officially off the market. Neither Justin Fuente nor Matt Campbell will be in the mix for the South Carolina job.
- Former South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw showed support for rival Clemson. Shaw praised Clemson’s Deshaun Watson for another outstanding performance.
- Don’t expect supply to meet demand when the avalanche of head-coach firings occurs. There already are 15 FBS coaching openings, including South Carolina.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The State details how Mark Richt’s departure from UGA affects the opening at South Carolina. Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, considered a front-runner for the South Carolina job, could also be in the mix at UGA.
- The Greenville News’ Willie T. Smith III reports that the South Carolina coaches are hitting the recruiting trail. Both interim coach Shawn Elliott and Gamecocks defensive coordinator Jon Hoke said they’re going to reach out to recruits despite uncertainty surrounding their positions.