Happy Wednesday, South Carolina fans. Despite the bye week, some interesting news still made its way out of Columbia, S.C.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina will open its 2017 season against North Carolina State. The teams last played in 2009 when the Gamecocks won, 7-3.
- South Carolina to focus on three coaches for Steve Spurrier’s replacement. Kirby Smart, Tom Herman, Justin Fuente and even Rich Rodriguez are names to keep an eye on.
- What South Carolina has to accomplish to become bowl-eligible. To be honest, it’s a long shot, but not impossible
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press’ Peter Iacobelli writes the Gamecocks are looser after their first SEC win. After a tumultuous week, South Carolina goes into its bye with a victory
- The State’s Matt Connolly reports South Carolina commit Pete Leota is sticking with Gamecocks. Leota said he was unfazed by Spurrier’s resignation.
The best stories around the SEC
NEXT South Carolina to focus on three coaches for Steve Spurrier’s replacement