Happy Wednesday, South Carolina fans. Despite the bye week, some interesting news still made its way out of Columbia, S.C.
Here are three things to know:
- South Carolina will open its 2017 season against North Carolina State. The teams last played in 2009 when the Gamecocks won, 7-3.
- South Carolina to focus on three coaches for Steve Spurrier’s replacement. Kirby Smart, Tom Herman, Justin Fuente and even Rich Rodriguez are names to keep an eye on.
- What South Carolina has to accomplish to become bowl-eligible. To be honest, it’s a long shot, but not impossible
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press’ Peter Iacobelli writes the Gamecocks are looser after their first SEC win. After a tumultuous week, South Carolina goes into its bye with a victory
- The State’s Matt Connolly reports South Carolina commit Pete Leota is sticking with Gamecocks. Leota said he was unfazed by Spurrier’s resignation.