4 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, South Carolina fans. Interim coach Shawn Elliott met with the media Wednesday during the SEC coaches teleconference as Tennessee week continues.
Here are four things to know:
- Shawn Elliott on Pharoh Cooper: “We need to find a way to get the ball in his hands.” Cooper was held to less than 100 yards receiving for the first time in a month last week at Texas A&M.
- South Carolina running back Brandon Wilds can thank Shawn Elliott for his recently improved numbers. Wilds has 41 carries over the last two games, and that’s a credit to having an offensive line coach calling the plays.
- South Carolina wide receiver Deebo Samuel returned to practice but is questionable to play against Tennessee. Samuel may have tweaked his hamstring during the Gamecocks’ Tuesday session.
- South Carolina announces uniforms for Tennessee game. For the first time this year, the Gamecocks will wear white jerseys with black pants.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The State’s Josh Kendall reports Shane Beamer could get into the mix for the South Carolina job. Beaner, the son of Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer, was a Gamecocks assistant under Steve Spurrier from 2007 to 2010.
- The Post and Courier’s David Caraviello writes that the Gamecocks are taking no chances against the nation’s top kick returner. Tennessee’s Evan Berry leads the FBS with an average of 42.6 yards per return, including three touchdowns.