The Gamecocks didn’t look like they could hang with Tennessee in the first quarter on Saturday. South Carolina proved otherwise.
If not for a late fumble, South Carolina may have upset the Vols. Instead, the Gamecocks lost 27-24. It will be hard not to imagine what might have been.
Here are four things to know:
- South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott said his team believed it could beat Tennessee. Tough to argue that.
- WATCH: Credit Pharoh Cooper for being able to stay in the game. This hit didn’t look good.
- South Carolina receiver D.J. Neal had to be taken to the hospital.
- WATCH: The Gamecocks didn’t win but coach Elliott was certainly hyped.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- Sure, there were plenty of key plays, but that fumble won’t be easily forgotten, per 247Sports.com’s John Del Blanco.
- South Carolina’s late push shouldn’t be forgotten, despite the end result. Here’s a recap by The State’s Josh Kendall.
- Elliott brought excitement when he was named interim coach. Where is that feeling now? The Big Spur’s Danny Garrison addressed Elliot’s standing.