4 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
The Gamecocks didn’t look like they could hang with Tennessee in the first quarter on Saturday. South Carolina proved otherwise.
If not for a late fumble, South Carolina may have upset the Vols. Instead, the Gamecocks lost 27-24. It will be hard not to imagine what might have been.
Here are four things to know:
- South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott said his team believed it could beat Tennessee. Tough to argue that.
- WATCH: Credit Pharoh Cooper for being able to stay in the game. This hit didn’t look good.
- South Carolina receiver D.J. Neal had to be taken to the hospital.
- WATCH: The Gamecocks didn’t win but coach Elliott was certainly hyped.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- Sure, there were plenty of key plays, but that fumble won’t be easily forgotten, per 247Sports.com’s John Del Blanco.
- South Carolina’s late push shouldn’t be forgotten, despite the end result. Here’s a recap by The State’s Josh Kendall.
- Elliott brought excitement when he was named interim coach. Where is that feeling now? The Big Spur’s Danny Garrison addressed Elliot’s standing.