4 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Thursday, South Carolina fans. Gamecocks interim coach Shawn Elliott spoke to the media on the SEC coaches teleconference Wednesday and left us with as many questions as we had answers.
Here are four things to know:
- Tale of the tape: Which “Columbia” job has greater appeal — Missouri or South Carolina? Both schools have major coaching decisions to make this offseason.
- South Carolina’s Shawn Elliott makes a pitch to keep his job. However, it came after a very, very brief teleconference Wednesday morning.
- Will a former UGA football player transfer to South Carolina? Tramel Terry was South Carolina’s Mr. Football back in 2013.
- Steve Spurrier is considering an ambassador role at South Carolina. The Head Ball Coach could make an annual salary of $100,000 to serve as a special assistant to the school president and athletic director.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The Associated Press’ Jeffrey Collins writes that winning again is motivation for South Carolina. The Gamecocks have only three victories this season and two games remaining on their schedule.
- The State’s Josh Kendall writes that Mason Zandi’s absence could be a problem. Zandi, the Gamecocks’ starting right tackle, sprained his ankle versus Florida and will be replaced in the lineup by freshman Blake Camper.
The best stories around the SEC