Happy Friday, South Carolina fans.
Will Muschamp continued his efforts on the recruiting trail, and we received even more news regarding his Gamecocks coaching staff.
Here are four things to know:
- Muschamp and future assistant coach Kurt Roper paid a visit to South Carolina quarterback commit Brandon McIlwain. The 4-star prospect is the No. 7 dual-threat signal-caller in the nation.
- Roper will finish the season with the Cleveland Browns before joining South Carolina. The soon-to-be Gamecocks offensive coordinator has four games remaining in the NFL, though it has not stopped him from joining Muschamp on the recruiting trail.
- A video was released that documents Muschamp’s first 24 hours at South Carolina. The video includes everything from Muschamp’s flight alongside athletic director Ray Tanner to his introductory press conference, all in a 3:19 clip.
- South Carolina lost another commitment on Thursday night from 3-star receiver Kelvin Harmon. With Harmon’s de-commitment, the Gamecocks have lost a total of three recruits since hiring Muschamp.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The State wrote South Carolina’s assistant coaches ranked 10th in the nation in pay in 2015. Muschamp, South Carolina’s new coach, was the highest-paid assistant at Auburn, earning $1.6 million.
- The Greenville News’ Willie T. Smith wrote that South Carolina is pleased with its new coaching choice. One member of the university’s Board of Trustees said he already “loved” Muschamp.