Happy Tuesday, South Carolina fans.
The Gamecocks had an eventful weekend day on campus with some early enrollees, plus the always entertaining news from the Head Ball Coach.
Here are four things to know:
- The nation’s top junior college cornerback reportedly will not enroll early at South Carolina. Jamarcus King has an academic matter to take care of first, so his arrival in Columbia, S.C. is expected to be delayed until June.
- Brandon McIlwain is one of three South Carolina early enrollees that arrived on campus. Teammates Bryan Edwards and C.J. Freeman also moved in over the past week as the trio round out the first enrollees from the Gamecocks’ 2016 class.
- Former South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said he has considered coaching again. The Head Ball Coach resigned midway through the 2015 season and boasts a quarter-century of coaching experience between the Gamecocks and Gators.
- South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin discussed the College Football Playoff championship game, saying “I got to pull for the SEC.” Of course, Martin can’t root for the Gamecocks, but gets another SEC team to root for in Alabama.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- GamecockCentral.com’s Wes Mitchell wrote that Lance Thompson doesn’t use a “recruiting pitch.” Instead, the newest South Carolina assistant discusses opportunities with recruits.
- WYFF4.com reported that a Gamecock fan led the flyover for College Football Playoff championship game. Maj. Matthew ”Diesel” Mayer is a Lexington, S.C. native.