4 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, South Carolina fans. The Texas A&M loss is in the rearview mirror, and the Gamecocks have already shifted their focus to Tennessee week.
Here are four things to know:
- South Carolina’s Shawn Elliott thinks players “weren’t really enjoying themselves” earlier this season. The interim coach believes he needed to reignite their passion after Steve Spurrier resigned.
- Elliott on Vols leading rusher Jalen Hurd: “He’s one of those old-time Tennessee backs.” Hurd has scored nine touchdowns this season.
- Elliott says Lorenzo Nunez is the backup QB, but has “our interest.” Perry Orth remains the starter, but Nunez could become more involved in the offense.
- South Carolina report card: The Gamecocks received mixed grades in their loss to the Aggies. Despite being two-touchdown underdogs, the team made it interesting against A&M.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- AL.com’s Mark Inabinett looks at South Carolina-Texas A&M by the numbers. One that stood out: 21, the number of field goals that have been attempted by South Carolina kicker Elliott Fry.
- The State’s David Cloninger wonders if it’s wrong for South Carolina to be so upbeat after a loss. Despite coming up short against the Aggies, the coaches and players remain enthusiastic.