Happy Friday, South Carolina fans. We’re just 24 hours away from kickoff between South Carolina and The Citadel.
Here are five things to know:
- South Carolina announced its uniform combination for this week’s game against The Citadel. The Gamecocks will be rocking garnet jerseys with white pants, a combination they haven’t worn since the UCF game.
- Why South Carolina should be on upset alert vs. The Citadel. Could the Gamecocks be looking ahead to their finale against archrival Clemson?
- Report: 4-star de-commits from South Carolina. Instead, in-state receiver Bryan Edwards will visit Clemson this weekend.
- Three reasons why South Carolina could upset Clemson. The Gamecocks won five in a row over the Tigers before Clemson won in 2014.
- South Carolina unveiled its new indoor practice facility Thursday. The complex is called “Ken Wheat Field, which honors the 1969 ACC Championship team.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- FoxSports.com’s Jeff Caplan writes that Mason Rudolph was Steve Spurrier’s loss and was Oklahoma State’s big gain. Rudolph was a prolific high school standout in South Carolina, but wasn’t recruited by the Gamecocks.
- The Post and Courier’s Gene Sapakoff remembers South Carolina’s 17-14 win over The Citadel back in 1965. It was a good start to the Gamecocks’ ACC season and a missed opportunity for The Citadel, Sapakoff said.