6 things every South Carolina fan needs to know today
Happy Monday, South Carolina fans.
We are entering a new era of Gamecocks football with Will Muschamp officially named South Carolina’s football coach.
Here are six things to know:
- South Carolina makes it official: Muschamp is Gamecocks’ new coach. Muschamp just wrapped up his first season at Auburn after coaching Florida from 2011-14.
- South Carolina cornerback commit Tre Jackson on Will Muschamp: “He’s one of the best hires (South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner) Mr. Tanner could’ve made.” Jackson is a 3-star prospect from Baton Rouge, La.
- Will Muschamp reportedly has two coaches in mind for staff at South Carolina: Travaris Robinson and Kurt Roper, who would serve as defensive and offensive coordinators.
- Some South Carolina commits don’t know who (Kurt) Roper is. They may find out if Roper will leave his post with the Cleveland Browns to reunite with Will Muschamp as South Carolina’s offensive coordinator.
- Father of elite quarterback prospect Jake Bentley is reportedly a candidate to join Muschamp’s staff at South Carolina. Bobby Bentley was an offensive assistant for Auburn in 2014.
- South Carolina players react to reported hiring of Will Muschamp. Excitement would be an understatement.
Other South Carolina news from around the Internet
- The State’s David Cloninger lists the 10 things that went wrong for South Carolina football this season. Spoiler alert: recruiting takes the top spot.
- ESPN’s Greg Ostendorf provides five things to know about Muschamp. Among the key points made is that Muschamp was not South Carolina’s No. 1 choice.