There is still uncertainty about who will be coaching South Carolina in 2016.
Until then, recruiting efforts will continue despite a report to the contrary.
South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner and interim coach Shawn Elliott said as much after the Gamecocks’ 24-14 loss to Florida on Saturday. They were responding to a report that said the university was closing in on a new coach and was halting recruiting efforts until it was finalized.
“I don’t think anybody has called up and tried to commit in the last week,” Elliott said via The State. “So that’s not accurate.”
Tanner also denied giving an order to stop recruiting.
The Gamecocks are expected to host about 100 recruits for Saturday’s game with The Citadel, according to the report by The State.