Thanks to the operators of @NCAA16Rosters, owners of NCAA Football 14 can hop on the sticks and play with their favorite college football team.
The Twitter account, which has more than 2,800 followers, is home to the most up-to-date rosters for the classic video game. Owners of the game can download the roster by using the following gamer tags for PS3: BossHawgMichigan and X-Box 360: VikesFan059.
I am so excited to start a Dynasty, been a while since i got to play a game since we been so busy with rosters, hope yall having a good time
— Ncaa 2016-2017Roster (@Ncaa16Rosters) September 8, 2016
Because a handful of former college football players united for the right to be paid by EA Sports, the 2014 edition was the company’s final release. The average settlement for each player represented in the case was $1,237.
But the fine folks who teamed up to provide this year’s rosters make it possible for everyone to play the game. Take a look at what you’re going to encounter with South Carolina’s roster before dusting off your PS3 or X-Box 360.
The @NCAA16Rosters folks are doing football nerds a favor, so don’t get too cranky that the roster and depth chart aren’t 100 percent accurate.
Then again, if you’re Darius Paulk, Rod Talley, D.J. Wonnum, Shameik Blackshear or someone else on the 2016 Gamecocks roster, you weren’t included in the game, so y’all have a right to be upset. Sorry.
Then again, anybody can make adjustments where seeing fit, once the game is downloaded. Here are some of the position changes that need to be made:
- Lorenzo Nunez (76 overall rating) is still at quarterback. His 83 speed and 83 acceleration can get it done at wide receiver. The route catching and running ratings are both 54.
- Darius Whitfield (72) needs to be moved from defensive end to offensive tackle.
- Robert Tucker (68) is a linebacker, not a tight end.
- Chris Moody (79) needs to be repositioned from free safety to an outside linebacker spot.
Among the roster items that were accurate:
- Javon Charleston (76) is a safety.
- Steven Montac (67) is part of the game.
Other items of note:
- Skai Moore (90) is the highest-rated player on the team, even though he’s out for the season.
- Elliott Fry and Cory Helms are second (84), followed by Zack Bailey, Sean Kelly, Marquavius Lewis and Jamarcus King (83).
- Jonathan Walton and T.J. Holloman are rated 82. Deebo Samuel, Bryson Allen-Williams, Chris Lammons, Rashad Fenton and Larenz Bryant are 81.
- Bryan Edwards (79) is the top-rated freshman, followed by Brandon McIlwain (78), who carries the same rating as Perry Orth. McIlwain is listed as the starting quarterback.
- Rico Dowdle is the owner of the fastest man title with speed and acceleration ratings at 94. Jamari Smith and Jamarcus King round out the race with the silver and bronze medals.
- The slowest player on the team is Kelsey Griffin with a rating of 57. Fry is a step faster at 58.