With a majority of the prospects from South Carolina’s 2017 commitment class coming from inside the Carolinas, this year’s Shrine Bowl rosters are loaded with future Gamecocks.
On Monday, all five from the state of North Carolina have been selected to play in the 80th annual game.
- DB Jaylin Dickerson – Pinecrest High School (Southern Pines)
- OL Eric Douglas – Mallard Creek High School (Charlotte)
- Sherrod Green – Rocky Mount High School
- OL T.J. Moore – Mallard Creek High School (Charlotte)
- DB Hamsah Nasirildeen – Concord High School
Six of the in-state commitments were picked.
- LB/DE Davonne Bowen – Woodmont High School (Piedmont)
- OL Summie Carlay – Laurens High School
- TE Will Register – Chapin High School
- WR OrTre Smith – Wando High School (Mount Pleasant)
- WR Shi Smith – Union County High School (Union)
- Damani Staley – Ridge View High School (Columbia)
The North Carolina roster also includes 3-star defensive end Matthew Butler, who’s from Garner High School. Pendleton (S.C.) High School DE/OLB Brad Johnson is another a non-committed prospect whose name was called on Monday.
Two Gamecocks commitments were left off the South Carolina roster: DE Tyreek Johnson and QB Jay Urich.
The annual all-star game is scheduled for Dec. 17 at Wofford College in Spartanburg, S.C.