SEC Country’s Hale McGranahan joined Mark Sturgis for ‘Straight up with Strug’ on ESPN Upstate to talk about South Carolina and 2017 season opener against N.C. State.
The Gamecocks and Wolfpack are set to square off from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C. at 3 p.m.
To listen to the interview, click here.
- Hale joins the program and looks ahead to Saturday’s season opener. (13:10)
- Why is N.C. State the favorite to win? South Carolina has some question marks along the offensive line. Plus, that Wolfpack defensive front is pretty darn good. (13:54)
- Could the South Carolina offense try to go ball-control, to help with the lack of established depth on the defensive side of the ball? The Gamecocks have a trio of running backs to make it happen. (15:32)
- What is the identity of this program, as it heads into Year 2 under Muschamp? A lot of players have bought in and gone the extra mile. (17:31)
- What kind of a role will Hayden Hurst have in this offense? A pretty significant one. (19:30)
- Is there something to watch in the first half on Saturday? South Carolina needs to get off to a good start. (21:07)
- What’s the latest from the Gamecocks injury report? Also, how good could this N.C. State team be in 2017? (23:05)