SEC Country’s Hale McGranahan joined Brad Senkiw for ‘The Press Box’ on 105.5 The Roar to talk South Carolina recruiting and football.
South Carolina opens 2017 against N.C. State at 3 p.m. Saturday in Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.
To listen to the interview, click here and find 8/30/17 Hour 3 – Hale McGranahan
- Are there any recruiting implications attached to South Carolina’s season opener against N.C. State? The Gamecocks need to get off on the right foot. (1:25)
- Can South Carolina make some more recruiting inroads in the state of North Carolina while they’re in Charlotte this weekend? For coach Will Muschamp, it’s important to recruit well in the state. (3:55)
- How have some of South Carolina’s 2018 commitments performed in the first couple of weeks of the season? Dakereon Joyner, Josh Vann and Deshaun Fenwick are off to good starts. (5:16)
- What are the strengths of the Gamecocks 2018 class of commitments? There a lot of impressive prospects at the skill positions. (6:34)
- Were there any surprises when South Carolina released its depth chart earlier this week? The other tight end, alongside Hayden Hurst comes to mind. (8:31)
- Which first-year players will be ones to watch on Saturday? Wide receiver Shi Smith and defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw. (10:18)
- Is there any pressure on Muschamp and the Gamecocks heading into this opener? All games are must-win. (11:40)
- What was Muschamp’s demeanor during his press conference on Tuesday? Antsy. (15:00)
- Will South Carolina beat N.C. State? The prediction: 24-21, Wolfpack. (16:40)