COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina fans have known for some time that Saturday’s home-opener against Kentucky would be a blackout.
But this clip released by the Gamecock football team’s official Twitter account will get the juices flowing.
You knew this was coming … but you aren't prepared.
BATTLE ARMOR pic.twitter.com/3OlyTqAMdJ
— Gamecock Football (@GamecockFB) September 15, 2017
Saturday night’s game, which is sold out, kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network. Kentucky has won the last three contests, but South Carolina is currently listed as a 6.5-point favorite over Kentucky.
The Gamecocks (2-0, 1-0 SEC) are led by quarterback Jake Bentley and wide receiver Deebo Samuel, who’s scored 5 touchdowns this season. Linebackers Skai Moore and Bryson Allen-Williams are among the defense’s top performers.
The Wildcats (2-0, 0-0 SEC) are led by running back Benny Snell, who’s rushed for 170 yards and a touchdown. Defensively, Kentucky is third in the SEC, giving up 58.5 rushing yards per game, though the first two opponents this season were Southern Miss and Eastern Kentucky. Starting linebacker Jordan Jones (shoulder) has already been ruled out.
- Deebo Samuel is the Heisman Trophy candidate the SEC need
- South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel among top 5 Heisman Trophy contenders
- Steven Montac remains questionable
- Predictions for South Carolina-Kentucky
- Gamecocks set for major recruiting weekend
- This week’s SEC Country South Carolina mailbag