COLUMBIA, S.C. — On Friday, athletics director Ray Tanner updated the progress of the South Carolina football operations building and shared the latest on basketball player Brian Bowen.
The football operations building remains “on time and on budget,” Tanner told reporters, during break in the Board of Trustees meeting. Construction of the $50 million facility is expected to be finished by December of this year.
“Coach [Will] Muschamp and I have not had a lengthy conversation, but my hope is that he’ll be very busy and be playing and we won’t move in until the first of ,” Tanner said.
The latest on Bowen
Earlier this week, Bowen declared for the NBA Draft, but did not hire an agent, which keeps him eligible to return to South Carolina. However, his status with the NCAA is still uncertain.
“It’s moving along,” Tanner said. “Chance Miller has done a wonderful job of handling that. I think that y’all know everything that I know, based on what has been reported about the process and the way it’s handled.”
Bowen, a former 5-star recruit, was alleged to have received $100,000 from adidas for signing with Louisville in 2017. Bowen, who denied knowledge of the payment, was ruled ineligible by Louisville following an FBI probe.
Tanner added that South Carolina is “on their timeline,” as it relates Bowen’s status with the NCAA.