On Wednesday, SEC Country’s Hale McGranahan joined Brad Senkiw for ‘The Press Box’ on 105.5 The Roar, to talk South Carolina football and basketball.
To hear the interview, look for 3/7/18 Hour 3 – Hale McGranahan and begin at the 22-minute mark.
- 22:30 Several players from the defensive side of the ball met with reporters on Wednesday morning, to talk about the first four days of spring practice.
- 23:00 Junior T.J. Brunson has established himself at middle linebacker and is now the vocal leader of the Gamecocks defense.
- 23:45 What’s the latest on sophomore wide receiver Chad Terrell, who suffered an ACL injury on Saturday?
- 24:27 Fortunately, for South Carolina, there are a lot of returning players at wide receiver.
- 25:35 That wasn’t really the case when Will Muschamp was hired to coach the Gamecocks in December of 2015.
- 27:00 Running backs coach Bobby Bentley wants to find an alpha running back.
- 28:00 Is there someone on the roster who’s capable of being that guy?
- 28:20 What exactly the media gets to see at South Carolina football practice.
- 29:59 First-year assistant coach Dan Werner brings instant credibility to the quarterback room.
- 31:05 How soon can we see Werner’s teaching pay off with junior Jake Bentley?
- 32:15 Junior defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw met with the media on Wednesday.
- 33:03 Does he have a business-like mindset heading into 2018? It would appear to be that way.
- 34:20 Switching gears to basketball: What are South Carolina’s chances at making the NIT
- 35:00 NIT bracketology.
- 35:20 Are fans interested in what’s left in the 2017-18 men’s basketball season?
- 35:45 What’s gone down at Ole Miss since Dec. 31?
- 36:20 One thing to watch for as South Carolina tries to make a run in the SEC Tournament.
- 37:05 Is anyone going to St. Louis to cover the Gamecocks?