South Carolina football: Dissecting the Gamecocks’ bye week
On Monday afternoon, SEC Country South Carolina football reporter Hale McGranahan joined Straight Up With Sturg on ESPN Upstate.
- 25:25 South Carolina has a record 5-2 and is on a roll. Is the bye week a good thing or would the Gamecocks rather keep this momentum train rolling?
- 27:00 The second-to-last play against Tennessee lasted only three seconds? Somehow, yes. But it’s a moot point anyway.
- 28:20 What was the word in the press box at Neyland Stadium, regarding the future of Volunteers coach Butch Jones?
- 30:08 South Carolina is knocking on the door of bowl eligibility. Some other big things could be on the horizon for the Gamecocks in 2017.
- 31:18 Is there any frustration with the state of the offense? Given the preseason expectations, it’s been a tough start to 2017 on that side of the ball.
- 33:00 Even though South Carolina has had their its fair share of struggles on the offensive side of the ball, the season is off to a strong start.
- 33:30 Why isn’t Hayden Hurst getting more touches? Is he just helping out as a blocker or is there more to it?
NEXT South Carolina football: Mon Denson, Caleb Kinlaw next in line at running back