Spring practice is right around the corner for the 2018 South Carolina football team. On Thursday, the Gamecocks released a handful of notable dates.
Coach Will Muschamp will kick off the schedule at 1 p.m. Feb. 27 with a news conference.
As previously reported, the first day of spring practice is Feb. 28 and the spring game is scheduled for March 31.
The team also will practice on March 2, 3, 6 and 8, before spring break. They’ll return to action March 20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 29 and 30.
Two more spring practices will be held on April 3 and 5, after the Garnet & Black spring game.
Pro day is set for March 20. Eight days later, Muschamp will appear on an episode of Carolina Calls.
South Carolina’s assistant coaches will be available to the media throughout the spring.
- Wednesday, Feb. 28 – Bryan McClendon, Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
- Friday, March 2 – Travaris Robinson, Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Backs
- Saturday, March 3 – Pat Washington, Tight Ends
- Tuesday, March 6 – Bobby Bentley, Running Backs
- Thursday, March 8 – Coleman Hutzler, Special Teams/Linebackers
- Thursday, March 22 – Lance Thompson, Assistant Head Coach – Defense/Defensive Line
- Friday, March 23 – Dan Werner, Quarterbacks
- Tuesday, March 27 – Eric Wolford, Offensive Line
- Thursday, March 29 – Mike Peterson, Outside Linebackers
- Friday, March 30 – Kyle Krantz, Nickels & Sam Linebackers/Special Teams Assistant